Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Everything changes...


I am the Lord your God,
who leads you in the way you should go.
isaiah 48:17

 So many people have told us that this is a wonderful thing we are doing.  And it is.  They have said that we are so wonderful for doing this.  And they could never do this.  But that makes me pause.  I am not that wonderful.  I am afraid.  I think that I might not be able to do this.  I may not be able to leave my little ones at home while I fly across the world for an unknown amount of time.  I don't think I can do this.  BUT I don't have to do this in my own strength.  God is leading us.  He is my strength.  He KNOWS my heart.  I love that little boy across the world.  And I will do this for him.  To give him new life, like God has given me new life.  I can do this.  And maybe you could too... not in your own strength, but in HIS.  We fly in 2 days.  Please pray that God would continue to be my strength and my courage as I do the hardest thing I have ever done.
 

"We learned that orphans are easier to ignore 
before you know their names.
They are easier to ignore 
before you see their faces.
It is easier to pretend they’re not real 
before you hold them in your arms.
But once you do, everything changes.”
-- David Platt


No comments:

Post a Comment