Friday, September 21, 2012

God is stirring my heart...

Have you ever had God stir your heart?  A time when God is reaching out on all sides of your life to speak to you?  Do you hear him?  Do you listen?  Will you obey?  I just joined some ladies reading a book called 'Having a Mary Spirit' by Joanna Weaver and the chapter they are on is called 'A Willing Spirit'.  In that chapter is a verse from Isaiah 6:8 - And I heard the voice of the Lord saying "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?  Then I said, "Here am I! Send me! And He said, Go..."  There are so many places in my life recently that God has said "Will you?" and I have said "I will."  But it has taken me so many years to be in a place where I can trust Him enough to say 'I will' in the midst of all my doubts when He asks. 

We have just completed our adoption of Julia, our beautiful little 4 year old from South Africa.  She is a bundle of personality and a girl who lives life filled with joy!  How we have been blessed by her in just the short time that she has been with us.  How she has become best friends with her brother and her nephew...
So I will listen to the stirring that God is doing in my heart, and I will go where He has asked me to go.  Follow along on our journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment